Monday, July 9, 2012

Olympic Torch Relay In Stoke Mandeville

The Olympic flame came to Stoke Mandeville today, just a ten minute walk from my office. Despite the grey clouds, loads of people came out to see it and there was a really great, happy atmosphere.

Torch Relay In Stoke Mandeville
Torch Relay In Stoke Mandeville

Stoke Mandeville is the birthplace of the Paralympics (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14896776), so despite being a tiny place, this was a significant port of call for the Torch Relay.

Olympic Flame In Stoke Mandeville
Olympic Flame In Stoke Mandeville
This isn't a great video, but I hope it helps to convey some of the atmosphere of the occasion.


The momentum of the Olympics is increasing rapidly now. This Saturday is my Venue Specific Training at Greenwich Park, on July 25th I'm fortunate enough to be attending the technical rehearsal for the Opening Ceremony, and on July 28th it's my first shift as a Games Maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment