Sunday, July 22, 2012

Getting prepared..

Three days until the technical rehearsal of the opening ceremony and only six days until my first day of volunteering. I thought it was probably about time to wash my uniform today and start getting myself prepared..

Games Maker uniform - washed and ready to go!
Games Maker uniform - washed and ready to go!
My uniform is clean, my "man-bag" is packed and I think I have my transporation sorted out now - even for the days with the ridiculously early starts. My very worst day is a week from today, when I need to get to Greenwich Park for 6:00 AM on a Sunday morning. The only way I've found to accomplish this is to drive all the way from Aylesbury to Dartford, park at the station, and catch the first train to Maze Hill. If anyone reading this has a better suggestion, and which doesn't involve sleeping in a tent overnight in a London park, please let me know!

It seems like summer has arrived just in the nick of time and, judging by the current forecast, at least Friday's opening ceremony should be dry..


I saw this McDonald's commercial on television yesterday and couldn't help but smile when I saw the segments with the Games Makers in..


Just in case you can't tell, I'm getting very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment