Friday, September 21, 2012

Sochi 2014

I'm now in my third week of Rosetta Stone Portuguese and am really enjoying it so far.

While my long-term goal is definitely Rio 2016, I've also applied to volunteer for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. I don't speak any Russian, unfortunately, and there isn't really time to learn more than a few words before any interview I might have, so I don't suppose my chances are very good. I thought I would give it a go, however. There appear to be some roles where Russian isn't a requirement, but I'd imagine that there aren't a large number of these positions available. There's nothing to lose by applying, however, and this is my current status:

Sochi 2014 Volunteer Application
Sochi 2014  - Processing Application!

Apparently the first step in the selection process is an English test, so I should hopefully be able to get through this without any difficulty!

Sochi looks like a fascinating place and volunteering at a Winter Olympics would be brilliant fun, so fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    You mentioned you were doing Portuguese, I guess your planning on doing Rio 2016 as well?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete